Menu

CLEP exam dates? (cross post w/ College)

Why is it kept like a state secret ?   DS would to take Microeconomics CLEP if he can get done before 3rd week August.

CLEP site you have to pay up front or something.

I will try calling the two nearby test centers .

The local test centers set their own dates, as often or not often as they want.  You have to call and find out when the exams are given, then pay up front at the CB site, then call and schedule the exam, which you can only do once you have the magic ticket.

For example, the local CC offers them something like once a month, but one 45 min from me in NH offers them weekly, so I've always gone there.

Yes, it's very annoying.

• Like 1

No secret about it. I'll share.

CLEP dates are not set by the College Board with national dates or anything.  Each Test Center sets its own times and days on it.  Centers near me post that info on their websites and can be read before any registration takes place (mileage may vary on that of course).

When my middle is preparing for CLEP, I look up on the test center site when it is available so we can plan study time.  Then when study prep is done, I log in to College Board account to pay for CLEP test fee.  That registration gives me a registration ticket with number.  The test center I use wants that number when I register for the test site and pay the test center fee (a separate fee.   Take ticket with me to test center.

• Like 1

ps.  community college near me is once a month.  state university near me has multiple dates per month.  and a for profit university near me used to offer on demand, so you could do any day.   Also, time of can has been very flexible for us.  We can pick our time within a 4 hour window to start. nice bonus.

and in case you didn't realize, when you buy the ticket from college board you have a few months to be able to use it and find a day/time at works at a center near you.  I think it's 6 months to claim it after you buy.