Menu

"Early Elementary Science Education"--A Streamlined, Organized BFSU 1

Condessa

https://www.amazon.com/Elementary-Science-Education-Shannon-Jordan/dp/1478794666

Has this already been discussed somewhere?  This lady has gone through and essentially fixed the organizational and execution problems with BFSU.  It takes the same lessons, but distills them down to what to actually teach and gives a suggested lesson order and very clear supply lists and directions on what prep is required. It sounds like exactly what I always wanted.  Has anyone used it?

The irony is that it is only for the first volume of BFSU, which we are nearly done with.  I need the volume 2 version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much of what the author did is available as free resources within the BFSU community.  Last year I printed out the free suggested lesson plan (including book lists) and the free supply lists for each thread, and had a really easy time of it.  This time around I have the vol. 2 lesson plan and the links all set up.  I haven't seen a supply list but that isn't that hard to make on my own with all the rest of the support there. 

9 minutes ago, Michelle Conde said:

Ooh, where did you find those?  Could you share a link?

My apologies, I thought I had grabbed them directly from the BFSU community, (I believe I did for vol 1) but while there are links for each individual lesson, I grabbed this year's list from Our Small Corner - and it does have a supply/book list for vol. 2 that I didn't add to my notebook for some reason.   They have resources for the first two volumes up: lesson plan, books and supplies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

My apologies, I thought I had grabbed them directly from the BFSU community, (I believe I did for vol 1) but while there are links for each individual lesson, I grabbed this year's list from Our Small Corner - and it does have a supply/book list for vol. 2 that I didn't add to my notebook for some reason.   They have resources for the first two volumes up: lesson plan, books and supplies.

What a great resource!  May I ask: did you do the lessons as listed (pretty much all of A, then all of B, &c)?  This seems so much simpler (than the flowchart-across-sections method). 

11 hours ago, serendipitous journey said:

What a great resource!  May I ask: did you do the lessons as listed (pretty much all of A, then all of B, &c)?  This seems so much simpler (than the flowchart-across-sections method). 

No...I used this that I found on the site (and I can't find now, lol) to help me plan through.  I'm glad I bookmarked it! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VT9rD39JrpJt6N73tQ6vA2JjbHM7tjcUpQQHm7bD1ck/preview

• Like 2

1 hour ago, serendipitous journey said:

Thanks so much for finding this!

No problem!  I got a bit overwhelmed when I looked at the flowcharts in the beginning so the first thing I did was search for a suggested lesson plan.  LOL  No use in me reinventing the wheel if someone has already done it! ?