Menu

We hiked to Phantom Ranch!

LifeLovePassion

Permits are much harder to come by now. They're made available on Feb. 1st online. At least that was the case this year. Be flexible with your dates and have the funds available right away. Read up on the controversy about the mule trains before you buy permits and plan accordingly. 

On May 30, 2018 at 6:49 PM, LifeLovePassion said:

It is at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. We spent one night in the dorms and then hiked out the next day. It was amazing, challenging, rewarding, majestic and a whole lot more. The girls are 10 and 11 and rocked it. 

Did you use a service? Or just go on your own? 

Ds18 is going with his dad this summer.  They are using OARS.  It is really expensive IMO but I think it will be a lot of fun. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 7:49 PM, LifeLovePassion said:

It is at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. We spent one night in the dorms and then hiked out the next day. It was amazing, challenging, rewarding, majestic and a whole lot more. The girls are 10 and 11 and rocked it. 

I opened this thread to like your post, only to see I already liked it!

So since I'm doubly impressed, I figured I should leave a message and tell you and your girls how awesome y'all are!

WTG!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Did you use a service? Or just go on your own? 

Ds18 is going with his dad this summer.  They are using OARS.  It is really expensive IMO but I think it will be a lot of fun. 

We just went on our own. And it was not even a go until 2 days before since I hadn't been able to secure enough spots in the dorms and happened upon the cancellation we needed to get the last spot. 

58 minutes ago, Homeschool Mom in AZ said:

Permits are much harder to come by now. They're made available on Feb. 1st online. At least that was the case this year. Be flexible with your dates and have the funds available right away. Read up on the controversy about the mule trains before you buy permits and plan accordingly. 

I'd love to do this trip too, thanks for the heads up.