Menu

The Good and the Beautiful vs Beautiful Feet

RoseS8

Welcome! I see from your post count that you are new. : )

My understanding is that these are very different types of programs that cover different things. BF: AtW is just Geography while TG&TB is multiple subjects -- according to the website's description, the LA and Lit "combine several subjects (reading, writing, spelling, grammar and punctuation, literature, geography, and art)."

What is your goal, or what are you looking for? Are you wanting an "all in one program"? If so then TG&TB would work. Other "all in one" book-based programs you might look at include:
Moving Beyond the Page: ages 6-8 (includes a focus on geography, and countries, cultures, stories around the world)
Heart of Dakota: Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory (ages 6-8)
Five in a Row (ages 5-8) or Beyond Five in a Row (grades 3-7)

Or, do you need just a Geography program? If so, then BF: AtW would work. Other Geography programs to check out:
Winter Promise: Children Around the World (gr. 2-6)
My Father's World: Exploring Countries and Cultures (gr. 3-8)

Beautiful Feet Books study guides are quite different from The Good and the Beautiful. They are not intended to be a comprehensive study of everything; they just mainly do history (although there may be English skills or whatnot involved).

7 hours ago, Lori D. said:

TG&TB is multiple subjects -- according to the website's description, the LA and Lit "combine several subjects (reading, writing, spelling, grammar and punctuation, literature, geography, and art)."

While the Language Arts and Lit combines a several subjects in it's study, TG&TB history is a 4 year history course. They also have US Constitution/Government and an Economics course. (I am, of course, assuming she is referencing history, since she is deciding between Beautiful Feet and TGTB.) 

8 hours ago, RoseS8 said:

I am trying to decide between The Good and the Beautiful year 1, or Beautiful Feet Around the World with Picture Books.  Which one do you think would be more interesting for a second and third grader.  

Thanks! 

Assuming you are referring to history, Jenny Philips recommends not starting TGTB until 3rd. ? So, that might be something to take into consideration. Also, have you visited any of the TG&TB groups on FB? They have a lot of discussion concerning BF and TGTB in the earlier years. 

I've heard amazing things about BF Around the World and they're coming out with a second semester of Around the World as well. For me, we are planning on doing BF Early American History, then Around the World, the moving into TGTB. 

• Like 1