Menu

Between WWE and WWS

NormaElle

If a student isn't ready to start WWS, what do you use after WWE?

Does it make sense to start W&R even though we would plan to switch at some point to WWS? Is there something better to use?

I haven't loved Killgallon, and writing across the curriculum isn't a good option. 

Thanks!

I have a scribbled note to myself that Wendyroo recommended Winning with Writing Level 3, perhaps compacted some. It focuses on outlining and simple paragraph writing. So I plan to look at that along with perhaps a project or two from Faltering Ownership which I have but has limited use for me. I'll probably also work in occasional weeks of WWE 4 and  eventually WWS 1. I plan to spread everything out over 4th and 5th grades. Of course even the most loosely laid out plans can be rearranged when the actual student arrives at the actual time, but it all looks nice on paper!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NormaElle said:

I haven't loved Killgallon, and writing across the curriculum isn't a good option.

Huh. I have Killgallon and Writing Across the Curriculum both on their way to me now. We only started a writing program (WWE3) this year, and I was wondering if a combination of those two would be better in 4th grade than doing to WWE4.

2 hours ago, SusanC said:

I have a scribbled note to myself that Wendyroo recommended Winning with Writing Level 3, perhaps compacted some. It focuses on outlining and simple paragraph writing. So I plan to look at that along with perhaps a project or two from Faltering Ownership which I have but has limited use for me. I'll probably also work in occasional weeks of WWE 4 and  eventually WWS 1. I plan to spread everything out over 4th and 5th grades. Of course even the most loosely laid out plans can be rearranged when the actual student arrives at the actual time, but it all looks nice on paper!

Yep, we moved straight from WWE 3 to Winning with Writing 3 and I thought that was a good transition.  We just finished WwW3, and next we are moving on to Put That in Writing Level 1...I have no personal experience with that yet, but it looks like a good next step.  We are also concurrently working through the elementary Kilgallon books. 

Once DS has gone through those resources, I'm hoping he will be ready for WWS.

Wendy

• Like 2