Menu

Tried and true blondie recipe?

Peaceseeker

The recipe calls for 1 package of brown sugar. How much, in cups or pounds, do you use?

You might not want to know...the recipe is almost exactly the same as the Congo bars my sisters made when we were kids in the 60’s and that recipe calls for a box, which is a pound. Holy moly that’s a lot of sugar but the bars are delicious.

• Like 1

You might not want to know...the recipe is almost exactly the same as the Congo bars my sisters made when we were kids in the 60’s and that recipe calls for a box, which is a pound. Holy moly that’s a lot of sugar but the bars are delicious.

They sound amazing!

• Like 1

The recipe calls for 1 package of brown sugar. How much, in cups or pounds, do you use?

I believe it's a pound. I know this because once I accidentally dumped the whole two pound bag in because I wasn't paying attention. Those were *not* good.

• Like 1

Blonde brownies recipe

1/2 cup butter

1 1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 cup flour

1tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup nuts

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Melt butter in microwave safe bowl or in a kettle. Cool slightly. Add brown sugar and stir well before adding in eggs.

(Eggs will cook and be stringy if you add them too soon)

Stir in vanilla, flour and salt.

There is NO baking powder or baking soda in the recipe.

Top with nuts, chocolate chips, toffee chips, sunflower seeds, mini marshmallows, M &Ms, whatever makes you happy.

Bake 350 degrees for 25 - 30 mins. Don’t overbake.

• Like 1

These are tried and true, and one of my most requested recipes from my kids and their friends. I adapted this from a David Lebovitz recipe and I think they're perfect.  :001_wub:

Blondies 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with parchment and use Crisco on the sides.

Heat in microwave until melted:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter. Do not substitute.

2 cups brown sugar

Stir, and let cool to lukewarm. (Don’t skip the cooling step.)

Add:

2 eggs

2 teaspoons good quality vanilla

Stir in:

2 ½ cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon baking soda

¼ teaspoon salt

Optional

Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.

Transfer batter to baking pan and spread evenly.  Bake in 350 degree oven until the middle is set and the edges just start to turn golden—about 25 minutes.

• Like 2