Menu

Wealthy people giving money away when told

mom31257

they are going to die soon...

Do any of you know examples of this among famous people worldwide, or any gestures toward helping others? Trying to do some research to help ds with an assignment. I haven't been able to figure out a google search to help us.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. The wealthy people I know have plans for their wealth (charitable giving, trusts, inheritances, etc.) whether they plan to live 50 more years or just a week. Are you asking if the news of pending death leads someone to do something drastic?

• Like 4

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. The wealthy people I know have plans for their wealth (charitable giving, trusts, inheritances, etc.) whether they plan to live 50 more years or just a week. Are you asking if the news of pending death leads someone to do something drastic?

This is my experience. Most stuff is not public until after death, even if a charity knows that the commitment was made. Sometimes it's not made public.

There are wealthy people who give away a lot of money even though they aren't dying, such as Bill and Melinda Gates.

• Like 2

Yes, the news causes something drastic. 

Agreeing that most wealthy people have a disposition plan.  But I wonder if you are asking something else...are you asking whether finding out that one's death is imminent might result in a dramatic change in their active giving at that time?  

Yes, we are looking for specific examples of a person finding out about a terminal illness and having a realization they  want to do for others before they are gone.