Menu

The Schedulus Interruptus Teachers Lounge 2-13-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning/afternoon! And welcome to the Lounge!

Remember the other day when I mentioned schedules being interrupted? Well, today it has sort of been interrupted. "Sort of" because I've been trying to schedule an appointment with a local artist whom I want to hire to work on a unique business card for me. she said today would work but I didn't actually hear back from her UNTIL this morning. So off we go in a few minutes to meet with her. It really just interrupts whatever else I was about to do this morning. Wasn't planning on school until about noon or 1pm. Considering son is still sleeping and it's 11:12am, looks like 1pm it is! 

Was your schedule interrupted today/this week? Here: besides the above, I also received a text reminder about an event I want to attend this Thursday, and it's during the day. So there's that. Husband also texted yesterday about filing for PTO at work and what was our schedule like on Friday. I do not know how he can't remember, after a FULL year of this going on, that our ds is in theater class ALL day. Really?? I may make dh take ds to and from class just so it gets ingrained in his brain! LOL

What's going on today? Here: besides appt with artist, over coffee, homeschooling, then taekwondo tonight. I already did my journaling in my GriefShare workbook, did a bit of herbal studying, and listened to a business development webinar.

Plans for Valentine's Day that's TOMORROW? Here:  :scared: This may be me later:  :willy_nilly:

I meant to plan a fun activity with the kids and their friends but I obviously haven't done that!  :rolleyes:

Talk to me! :bigear:

Oldest dd's car is at the shop so my schedule is getting somewhat interrupted by her borrowing my car.  She can't just keep it because I have to teach my science classes, so I had to pick her up yesterday afternoon so she could get to school, then drive her home after class last night, then do my class today and pick her up so she can go to work this afternoon, then she'll pick me up in the morning so we can go to the shop and pick up her fixed car tomorrow morning before she goes to work at 8am.  

I taught my Junior Scientists today - K-2nd graders.  It was fun but so so sooooo messy.  This class loves getting hands-on and just mixing everything together.    My kids did school while I was at class but I need to check things over.  I also still need to set up our history lessons now that we switched from Great Courses to Acellus, to go along with History Odyssey.  The books are all sitting in a pile next to my chair, I just need to get to it.

No plans for tomorrow.  Dh will cook dinner like he does every night.  Nothing particularly special as far as I know.  We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day.

Thursday afternoon DD and I are going to see the Greatest Showman, and then dh and I are getting our taxes done.  Woo Hoo! Loads of fun.

DD16 just took off with my truck to go to class, followed by getting her allergy shot.  Then back home to pick me up, drop me off at my work and she's off again to take a 90 minute test for a different class.   Somewhere in there, we need to find time to get her a new pair of long johns and be home before her 5pm online seminar.

Sigh - this car-sharing deal is a real pain some days.  

No valentine's plans here - it's not a holiday we really celebrate.  However, one of the other managers at work took two days off to celebrate with her partner and I have to go into work to cover for her in a meeting this afternoon.  At least one of us will be enjoying the holiday!

My mom is in rehab after a surgery, so every other day or so I go to see her and bring whatever she needs. Not a huge deal, but significant interruptions nonetheless.

Regular day. Glad the sun is finally out!

Valentines day. Cards at breakfast. Chocolate for mid-morning snacks. ;) Take Valetines to my mom. To piano teacher, to church friends.

Keeping an eye open for high quality chocolate on sale Thursday!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1