Menu

Twitter Question

Kassia

Under Content, look for Timeline and uncheck the box next to Show me the best Tweets first.

The default setting now is to show the "best tweets first" on your timeline; you have to manually opt out of it if you want tweets in reverse chronological order.

Edited by Word Nerd
  • Like 1

Under Content, look for Timeline and uncheck the box next to Show me the best Tweets first.

The default setting now is to show the "best tweets first" on your timeline; you have to manually opt out of it if you want tweets in reverse chronological order.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work for me. I did uncheck the box a while ago but if I am away from my computer for more than 15 minutes it first shows me what is supposedly most important (even if it is from yesterday). If I scroll through a bunch of tweets I will get to once in reverse chronological order but it is a pain (and I think it used to be different when I first signed up for twitter which wasn't that long ago).

Sometimes that's because people you follow are liking or retweeting older items. My timeline is still mostly reverse chronological even with that box checked, so I don't really even notice or find it a problem, and I don't miss tweets by the accounts I follow like I would if it were strictly chronological (like Twitter used to be). If I want to follow live tweeting of a particular event, I go to a hashtag-based feed. Read the Help info at Twitter for other things you can do to see what you want to see.

Edited by Word Nerd

I did this and it seems to work for now!  Thank you!

• Like 1