Menu

Is there a Black Mirror thread?

Miss Peregrine

The language varies between episodes but every episode is dark. Some are highly sexual, some are extremely violent. 

Thanks. Sounds like I will be avoiding this show. I love weird/dystopian type stuff like this, but not the language and sex. 

• Like 1

I normally hate this kind of show - I hate feeling anxious and I hate suspense, but I love Black Mirror, maybe because it's so well done. Most of the episodes don't feel sensationalized, and they really stick with me. There are a few episodes I couldn't finish: the first one, White Bear, and Men Against Fire. I kind of wish I hadn't finished Shut Up and Dance. DH and I watch these together.

My favorites:

S1:E2 "Fifteen Million Merits"

Special: "White Christmas"

S3:E1 "Nosedive"

S3:E2 "Playtest"

S3:E4 "San Junipero"

S3:E6 "Hated in the Nation"

S4:E1 "USS Callister"

S4:E2 "Arkangel"

• Like 1

Thanks. Sounds like I will be avoiding this show. I love weird/dystopian type stuff like this, but not the language and sex. 

Try San Junipero and Nosedive. Those are pretty clean compared to the rest - not saying there is no bad language, but the subject matter isn't sensitive.

• Like 1

I normally hate this kind of show - I hate feeling anxious and I hate suspense, but I love Black Mirror, maybe because it's so well done. Most of the episodes don't feel sensationalized, and they really stick with me. There are a few episodes I couldn't finish: the first one, White Bear, and Men Against Fire. I kind of wish I hadn't finished Shut Up and Dance. DH and I watch these together.

My favorites:

S1:E2 "Fifteen Million Merits"

Special: "White Christmas"

S3:E1 "Nosedive"

S3:E2 "Playtest"

S3:E4 "San Junipero"

S3:E6 "Hated in the Nation"

S4:E1 "USS Callister"

S4:E2 "Arkangel"

What was it about White Bear that made you not finish? I think it's one of my favorites so far, though I'm only on season 2.

What was it about White Bear that made you not finish? I think it's one of my favorites so far, though I'm only on season 2.

I was immediately put off by the panic. I am pretty sensitive about suspense, and about cruelty. I think I only watched a few minutes - enough to see that someone was being chased maybe? It was a while ago. Maybe I would have watched it through on a different day.

I was immediately put off by the panic. I am pretty sensitive about suspense, and about cruelty. I think I only watched a few minutes - enough to see that someone was being chased maybe? It was a while ago. Maybe I would have watched it through on a different day.

Oh, yeah. I felt pretty tense. It felt like dreams that I've had where I was being chased.