Menu

Is there ANY way to completely delete an iOS app from my purchase history?

ondreeuh

I signed up for Weight Watchers online, in large part because it includes access to their app. I am American but am living in Belgium, and I signed up through the US site for WW. I went to the app store and downloaded the app, and despite the fact that my country is set to US, the app loaded linked to the Belgian site for WW. Not only is it all in French (and I am a beginner in that language), but it won't even recognize my username & password and directs me to the Belgian website for WW. I have tried numerous things to get the app linked to the US accounts, but each time I install it, it's Belgian. It seems to remember that my original purchase was from Belgium and is just re-installing that version. Since I don't have a Belgian WW account, I can't use the app.

I think if I can find a way to completely start over (obliterate all traces of the app "purchase") then I can get the right app version when my VPN is running.

What I've tried:

deleting the app on my phone

clearing cookies on my phone

installing Express VPN and setting it to Washington DC

Logging into the US site for WW and following their link to the App Store, and downloading it again (still Belgian)

syncing to iTunes on my laptop (iTunes doesn't show my apps because I don't backup to my laptop, so that made no difference)

logging into the iTunes store (only gives me the option of hiding a purchase, not deleting completely)

logging into the iCloud (where I backup my phone) to see if there are any options there (no)

Any other ideas???

• Like 1

After the New Years Day holiday, I suggest that you contact the U.S. HQ of Weight Watchers and explain (copy and paste) what you wrote here in post #1.  Maybe better to send a Free FAX, via FaxZero.com to the President or CEO of WW and someone on his  (or her) staff will probably help you.  If you just contact their normal Customer Service, I suspect you will not be successful in resolving this. Good luck!  Send your FAX Wednesday!

ETA: When you downloaded the  App onto your device, they GeoIPed you and that's why you have the Belgian WW App.  We live in South America and that is quite annoying. It happened to me this afternoon, I was googling something about USB  Connectors and Cables and clicked on a link to PCMAG or PCWORLD or some web site. My native language is U.S. English and my web browser is U.S. English.  It started to load the U.S. English web page, but then I got redirected to a Spanish language page, whcih I could have read, but was not as complete as the original U.S. English web page. Very annoying. 

If you try to play around, tricking them, going in with a VPN, they may lock you out for Security reasons. IMO your best bet is to contact someone in their worldwide HQ in the USA and ask them to help you. You are probably NOT the only Overseas American who wants to use their App in U.S. English.  

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1