Menu

Powder foundations - what's your favorite?

I love the foundation, but hate the brush that comes on top. It's very hard to control how much foundation comes out onto the brush, it tends to glop out, and then there's too much on the brush.

I just use a makeup sponge to apply. It goes on looking very natural, I haven't had any problem with break outs, and the color is great for me (I use Natural Ivory). I prefer the liquid mineral makeup to the powder, as it looks better on my skin.

I use a light dusting of Dream Mousse powder (or something like that) on top, which I think is by Maybelline.

I have the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup, but that makes my face look too shiny. Great coverage though. I use it occasionally.

Another liquid foundation that goes on looking very natural is True Match by L'Oreal. I use Natural Ivory in that brand too. I'm somewhat suspicious that one makes me break out though, so I rarely use it.

I'm not crazy about powder foundations, because all the ones I've tried have looked too powdery and unnatural on my light skin.

Michelle T

My skin type is just about everything. Sensitive, dry, at times oily, prone to makeup induced breakouts and changing. I love the matte or original glow Everyday minerals. They are made in the USA all natural, don't look fake or feel heavy, offer everything from natural to super coverage and last all day. They have free samples (you pay shipping) you can try. Their eye shadow, blush and lip sticks are wonderful too.

https://www.everydayminerals.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=40&vmcchk=1&Itemid=32

I have been using bare minerals for 3 years and love it. I use the foundation mineral powder pretty much in winter and early spring when I don't get out in the sun as much, otherwise I just use the Mineral Viel. There is never a tell tale line on my face and I like that it's light and very natural looking. I have combination skin, not quite as oily as my younger years.