Menu

Does static electricity make you crazy?

While I absolutely LOVE fall, the drier weather makes everything stick to me! I couldn't figure out why I felt so wrong today, it's been a good day. Then I realized my shirt sleeves are stuck to my arms with static. It's making me psycho! And carrying around my 2 yo makes it worse and I'm about to scream.

I use a fabric softner, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Argh! Any fixes for this?

While I absolutely LOVE fall, the drier weather makes everything stick to me! I couldn't figure out why I felt so wrong today, it's been a good day. Then I realized my shirt sleeves are stuck to my arms with static. It's making me psycho! And carrying around my 2 yo makes it worse and I'm about to scream.

I use a fabric softner, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Argh! Any fixes for this?

Wow. I just had a major flashback.

"Static cling. Is stuck on YOU!"

I am sorry that I do not have ideas to offer. Some people say that foil helps and also a dryer sheet in your pocket. I have not tried either. For me the worst is getting zapped. Oh, I dislike it so much that sometimes it is hard not to say a bad word. I sure hope that it is not too bad this winter.

Be well

Miriam

I get zapped consantly this time of year. Since getting a Saturn Ion I noticed I now get shocked just about every time I get in and out of the car. No other car has done this to me--I'm thinking ever, but at least not consistently. Do you think this is why they named the car Ion? Does this happen to anyone else? It sure doesn't seem to happen to the rest of my family like it does me. It's driving me nutty!

I use both fabric softner and dryer sheets. Yes, I know that's goofy, but I hate crunchy clothes.

I've bought a can of static guard, but I'm going to go broke spraying down my house. It's funny, the humidity here is still high compared to where I grew up, but this is much more unbearable to me. I go back to my parents and it doesn't bother me quite as much. Of course, my skin still turns to sandpaper and my lips crack, but the static doesn't seem to be as bad.