Menu

Good instant coffee packets?

marbel

Looking for recommendations for instant coffee packets.

I'm teaching a class to 5 or 6 people at my church on Saturday.  I don't really know their morning beverage preferences and don't want to mess with making a pot of coffee if no one is going to drink it.  So I thought instead I would heat up the kettle of water and put out instant stuff.   But I don't have a clue about instant coffee. (We have tea and hot cocoa packets there already.)  I know about Starbucks Via though I have never tried it.  Any others to look for?  I'm not a fan of Starbucks in general, but I will get that if it's the most recommended. 

Thanks!

Either the Via or some stores have Barnie's instant...it's a small tube of liquid concentrate instead of powder and is really good. I actually keep it on hand for flavoring desserts and stuff, lol. https://www.barniescoffee.com/pages/brewstickspr

Although what age range are you expecting? Senior citizen age I'd just stick with a known quantity like Folgers, probably. 

Edited by ktgrok
  • Like 2

Either the Via or some stores have Barnie's instant...it's a small tube of liquid concentrate instead of powder and is really good. I actually keep it on hand for flavoring desserts and stuff, lol. https://www.barniescoffee.com/pages/brewstickspr

Although what age range are you expecting? Senior citizen age I'd just stick with a known quantity like Folgers, probably. 

Age range is mid-20s.  So probably not Folger's fans.  :-)  

I'll look into Barnie's, that sounds interesting for me!  Though I think for this purpose something familiar (ie. quick, no fiddling around) might be best.  

It's not that big a deal but I'd rather not take the time and waste the coffee if no one is going to drink it.  

Can you pick up a "box" of coffee already brewed at Dunkin Donuts or Panera, and then if they don't drink it take it home to drink? Assuming you drink coffee?

• Like 2

Can you pick up a "box" of coffee already brewed at Dunkin Donuts or Panera, and then if they don't drink it take it home to drink? Assuming you drink coffee?

I may go ahead and do that.  I didn't think of it before, till Sparkly asked about just making a dang pot of coffee (paraphrasing, LOL).  We do drink coffee here, and like leftover coffee iced.

Another thing I could do, which I hadn't thought of before, is to make a big pot at home take it in an insulated carafe, and bring the leftovers home with me.  It's just easier for me to do it at home rather than fiddling with the big urn-type coffeemaker at the church, kwim?   I mean, I can adjust the number of cups, to the size of (anticipated) crowd but it's a hassle and then cleaning the thing, oy!  

This is where a Keurig would be nice, though then people have to wait.  

Dang, it's never perfect, is it?

There is a Dunkin Donuts on the way to the building... hmmm...

See, the hive can help with everything!  

You could bring concentrated cold brew, and add hot water as needed.  It's easy to make at home, and it's also commercially available. 

For an instant packet, I've taken these on vacation and found them actually pretty decent.  Better than some cups I've made at home. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055B6J9A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 1

It's not that big a deal but I'd rather not take the time and waste the coffee if no one is going to drink it.  

OTOH a box of Sbucks instant is nearly the same price as a bag of coffee and you get a lot more cups of coffee from the bag.

You might be surprised by how many will take you up on the coffee. Years ago we attended a small (50-ish people) church that had 2 boxes of coffee (as well as juice and hot chocolate) at each service and they were nearly always empty by the time church was over.

• Like 1