Menu

wedding attire...what should I wear?

bettyandbob

My nephew is getting married. The wedding will be at 4 pm at a country club, reception in the same location. Dh says I need a new dress. I haven't been shopping for clothes for a couple of years. I haven't had need of semiformal attire for some time. The nicest dress I have is a grey shift. 

A plain grey dress is probably not going to do it for this event. 

I'm 5'8" overweight, size 18, sometimes I wear plus size sometimes I wear regular sizes. 

I probably need to order online. My work schedule does not lend itself to going to a mall and throwing myself into the hands of someone at Nordstroms. How do I know what style would fit best. 

My nephew is getting married. The wedding will be at 4 pm at a country club, reception in the same location. Dh says I need a new dress. I haven't been shopping for clothes for a couple of years. I haven't had need of semiformal attire for some time. The nicest dress I have is a grey shift. 

I'm 5'8" overweight, size 18, sometimes I wear plus size sometimes I wear regular sizes. 

I probably need to order online. My work schedule does not lend itself to going to a mall and throwing myself into the hands of someone at Nordstroms. How do I know what style would fit best. 

Why wouldn't a plain grey dress do it? A nice sparkly necklace and earrings, nice shoes, nice little clutch purse...sounds good to me. :-)

A grey dress, sparkly necklace and earrings, nice purse and nice shoes should be fine. Unless you want a new dress...