Menu

Magnolia Silos - what should I know before visiting?

StaceyinLA

We are gonna be passing through Waco on our upcoming road trip and are planning to stop. My daughter is obsessed with Fixer Upper and really wants to see the place. We will have her dogs, but I did see that dogs are allowed (maybe not everywhere, but I know we can at least get them out of the car and maybe take turns anywhere we can bring them).

So what's worth seeing, doing, eating? We will get there pretty early (probably around the time they open) on a weekday morning.

Posting here, but will pm with more details...

Saturdays are ridiculously busy down in that area, but are also the most exciting. There are some fantastic food trucks that are kind of a permanent fixture, plus the bakery. It's kind of a local gathering spot, but on any given day is a huge draw for tourists...they are completely closed in Sundays, so be aware:)

If you have a bit of extra time, toodle by the old Elite Cafe in Waco. On the old marquis is a message 'we'll let you know when breakfast is ready-Chip', and since I drive by it daily, I can reliably say the construction crews and cameras have been there a TON recently. It is only a mule or so from downtown:)

Personally, I am happy that people tend to associate Waco with THIS rather than branch davidians and the ATF!!!!

• Like 1

They are having a huge event in mid-October. If that's when you are there, get your hotel now. Some were already booked when we booked ours. We are going to a conference, not their event, but it made for a more expensive hotel for that area than normal.

• Like 1

Cameron Park has trails that would be wonderful for walking the dogs. There is a fun riverside trail as well closer to town that is paved, if I recall correctly.[/quote

Definitely Cameron park for extended adventures...but I think they are very limited for time? As poster said, Riverside park has dog options, is 1/2 mile fromMagnolia, has its own food trucks, and you can walk the iconic Waco Suspension bridge...