Menu

Well this sounds awesome, Disney is opening a Star Wars Hotel

mommyoffive

Somebody on my FB was saying that it was going to cost $1000 per person for a 2 night stay. I guess for Disney World that isn't THAT much more than some of the other resorts but way out of our family's budget.

I suspect it will be high when it's new because Disney fanatics and Star Wars fanatics will probably pay any cost.

Once it's been around for a while I would think the price would drop to match their other resorts.

We won't be staying there while it's overpriced either.  We're pretty biased toward the Polynesian when we go to Disney, but wouldn't even stay there if they overpriced it.

I suspect it will be high when it's new because Disney fanatics and Star Wars fanatics will probably pay any cost.

Once it's been around for a while I would think the price would drop to match their other resorts.

We won't be staying there while it's overpriced either.  We're pretty biased toward the Polynesian when we go to Disney, but wouldn't even stay there if they overpriced it.

Yep that could be it.  But it also gives you a good way to discount it and still be charging a lot.  

• Like 1

I would love it, but I am not sure my kids would as I could never get them to appreciate Star Wars like I did,, despite my best efforts. Now if this were Harry Potter, they would be very interested. Too bad Universal has the rights to Harry Potter....

I thought this too. We all are big Star Wars nerds at my house but we are equally Harry Potter nerds and I don't know what I would love more...this hotel or an immersive Hogwarts hotel. Sigh....

• Like 1

I don't think the price will drop. This hotel will totally immersive and unlike anything they have now.

This will all depend upon whether they can fill it adequately or not.  Supply and demand tends to dictate pricing.  My guess is they will fill it at first with fanatics who are willing to pay.  Afterward?  Time will tell.  I have my doubts that they will be able to continue such a high rate beyond a couple of years at most.

• Like 1