Menu

Math U See Algebra 2, if you took Algebra 1 elsewhere?

I am thinking of the online Math U See class for my son this fall, but it would be his first time using the program.  I was thinking of purchasing the Math U See Algebra 1 book, and using it for a review of Algebra 1 before he began, but we'd only have a few weeks, so wouldn't be able to do the entire bok. 

Or is that too late to jump into Math U See, should I be looking somewhere else?

There is quite a bit of review of Algebra I in the Algebra II book, so I think you'll be fine. And, no, I don't think it's too late to jump into MUS. Because the first few lessons have a lot of review they can drag on a little, but after a month or so you should have a good routine down and know whether it's a good fit. Don't skip the honors pages -- there are some topics included only in the honors pages that will be covered on the ACT. 

• Like 2

MUS is not advanced. It is still a fine curriculum, but there are very few programs you could come out of and not be capable of MUS at the next level. In grade school, they have a different scope and sequence so that would be an issue, but not for high school.

• Like 1

MUS Algebra 2 is a bit behind most math programs and includes some review, so I would expect coming from any other program that Algebra 2 would have plenty of review included. I don't think that it is ever too late to jump into MUS, although I do think there are a few levels where it is awkward (PreAlgebra comes to mind).