Menu

So I got subpoena

hjffkj

So I got a subpoena to be a witness for the state but I don't know for what. I don't recall witnessing anything. Google doesn't bring up anything when I look up the defendants names. The most i could find is that one lives in our neighborhood.

Odd things always happen to me.

• Like 1

It could even be something related to the condition he keeps his property in or people who come in and out, if it is a zoning or drug issue. That's weird though. I'm sorry you're hassled with it!

a neighbor's dog bit another neighbor daughter.  Everyone in a 2 block radius was contacted about any information they might have.  We were on vacation but a notice was left on my door requesting information.  I didn't have any but they didn't know that.  Not quite the same as a subpeona but it might be them just trying to gather any possible information about something that happened in your area.

• Like 1

It might be that you are expected to say the equivalent of, "I don't know them; I've never noticed anything unusual." -- or, "I was home, but I didn't see a (fight/ drug deal/ murder/ street race/ public nudity) happen on the street."

This happened to me, too, when one neighbor was suing another neighbor about an addition that had been put onto the house.  The suing neighbors (whom we called "the sewers"...they were AWFUL) named on the suit as "people who would be affected by the outcome, so we were named in the lawsuit, without our consent, and were subpoenad to give a deposition about the "ethos of the neighborhood".  

It was a bad mistake on the sewers part because while the building probably WAS out of bounds (in a very small way), they were not the most beloved people in the neighborhood and everyone wished they had been left out of it.  They lost, and moved out shortly thereafter. 

This happened to me, too, when one neighbor was suing another neighbor about an addition that had been put onto the house. The suing neighbors (whom we called "the sewers"...they were AWFUL) named on the suit as "people who would be affected by the outcome, so we were named in the lawsuit, without our consent, and were subpoenad to give a deposition about the "ethos of the neighborhood".

It was a bad mistake on the sewers part because while the building probably WAS out of bounds (in a very small way), they were not the most beloved people in the neighborhood and everyone wished they had been left out of it. They lost, and moved out shortly thereafter.

It is a criminal case.