Menu

Weird, weird dreams

DawnM

I have been planning our CA trip and our plans for moving back to CA and things have been on my mind.

My cousin works for one of the animation film companies and I am trying to get a tour of the studios lined up with him (son going into animation) as well as get together with him for a meal, etc....

Then I watched an old Johnny Carson (1976) with Pat Boone on it, right before bed.

I dreamed we got out to Burbank and my cousin was living in a commune.  It looked like the 70's in there and there were several 70's Christian musicians, including Pat Boone, two members of 2nd Chapter of Acts, Larry Norman, and a few more.  And then there were others I didn't know.  

It was a trip.  And it involved alcohol and pot (not me, in the dream others were doing it in the commune, freely passed out.)  I kept asking my cousin how he got involved with this group and he didn't answer.

Man, dreams can be SO WEIRD.

Ah, too bad. I think it would have been his kind of party (as long as there was no out-and-out drunkenness or debauchery going on). ;) 

For those who don't know, he was an amazing singer/songwriter. At one point he and his wife had about 75 ex-prostitutes, former drug users, pregnant young women, and homeless people living in homes they owned and rented in their neighborhood. Apparently the neighbors weren't thrilled. Sadly he and two of his children died in plane crash in the early 80's, but his wife Melody is still doing ministry. She wrote "There Is a Redeemer," one of my favorite choruses.

And here is the fabulousness that was his hair.  :)

1000167300.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, too bad. I think it would have been his kind of party (as long as there was no out-and-out drunkenness or debauchery going on). ;)

For those who don't know, he was an amazing singer/songwriter. At one point he and his wife had about 75 ex-prostitutes, former drug users, pregnant young women, and homeless people living in homes they owned and rented in their neighborhood. Apparently the neighbors weren't thrilled. Sadly he and two of his children died in plane crash in the early 80's, but his wife Melody is still doing ministry. She wrote "There Is a Redeemer," one of my favorite choruses.

And here is the fabulousness that was his hair.  :)

1000167300.jpg

So now that song will be running through my head all day as I was literally humming it in my head while reading this post. B-)

ETA: didn't mean to hijack the post. That WOULD have been a trippy dream!

Edited by scrapbookbuzz
  • Like 1