Menu

picture books on Shakespeare plays

Absolutely Bruce Coville. His Midsummer is breathtaking.

A third for Bruce Coville. We just finished SOTW2 and I borrowed a ton of Coville books from the library for the Shakepeare portion. They have become favourites. We like A Winter's Tale the best because of the gorgeous artwork. I will be looking to buy some of them soon...

• Like 1

For some reason the forum doesn't like me today and I can't post a link...but we have the (Lego) Brick Shakespeare books. We got a set with 4 comedies and 4 tragedies. Amazon has them. They are great. :)

I forgot all about those! They are so great!

• Like 1

I've never seen any that match the Bruce Coville ones. Of course, the Lois Burdett, Marcia Williams, Lego, Usborne, Tales from, etc. compilations and so forth are all good for introducing titles he doesn't have. And there are a couple of others... 

The Marianna Mayer Tempest is beautiful:

https://www.amazon.com/Tempest-Marianna-Mayer/dp/0811850544/ref=pd_sim_14_17?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0811850544&pd_rd_r=NSBY0BM18FJRNFNBW1YR&pd_rd_w=faMU0&pd_rd_wg=cL27t&psc=1&refRID=NSBY0BM18FJRNFNBW1YR

And I *think* this is the Romeo and Juliet we checked out of the library once that had lovely illustrations - Amazon has incorrectly tagged it as the original text, so it's hard to be sure:

https://www.amazon.com/Romeo-Juliet-Michael-Rosen-2004-02-02/dp/B01FIZC18A/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496086912&sr=1-2&keywords=shakespeare%27s+romeo+and+juliet+rosen