Menu

Need ideas for a retirement gift for dh's boss.

Tenaj

Dh's boss is retiring.  He has been my husband's boss for almost 30 years!   He hired my dh right out of college and has been such a support over the years that we really want to do something nice for him.  

Thanks for all your ideas!

My boss is retiring after 30 years, although I have only worked 2 years for him.

We got him a gift from his alma mater. He is really proud of where he graduated from. There are usually some really nice gifts from the University's store. Maybe that could be an option. We got a mirror with a picture of the campus and had something nice inscribed on it.

If he is a golfer, maybe a gift certificate for two to golf and have lunch or dinner at a club?

I have no idea how much something like that would cost, but maybe there are specials.

Or, tickets for two to a concert or professional theater production?

Thanks for all the ideas.  One of the problems is that they don't really know what they are going to do after retirement.  Options right now seem to be either staying in our small community or moving closer to kids to help with grandkids.  We'll have to keep thinking.