Menu

Ugh - selling on Ebay Rant...

PrincessMommy

I'm selling stuff via Ebay.  It's been a while since I've sold and it has changed a bit.  I chose for it to calculate actual shipping prices.  This is very a heavy item and it estimated it might be between $25-50 for shipping. 

Well, the auction just finished and it sold (yay!).  I go to try and calculate shipping and I see my auction says: "$9.85 Expedited Shipping" What the what??!!  I just checked my other item that is still up for sale and it says the same thing!   Then, I tried check what it would say if I sent an invoice to the seller and it calculated shipping at $10.95???  What is going on?  I plan to honor what the auction said since I obviously screwed it up somehow.  But I also don't want it to look like a bait-and-switch since it states on the auction $9.95 but the invoice will say $10.95

I hate to over-charge for shipping but this is worse!   

Ugh, I really wanted to avoid Ebay, but wasn't having any luck locally.

Rant off. 

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 1

I don't let eBay estimate the shipping. I do it manually, myself. It's a bit of a pain but then it is accurate.

What you're saying is that when I chose "Calculate actual shipping price" it eBay automatically calculated for Priority expedited shipping for me?  I thought that choice meant that I could do it manually.  Clearly, I was wrong.  Ugh.

• Like 1

I am also selling on Ebay and a whole bunch of my items are listed as fast and free shipping and I have no idea how that is enabled. 

I do offer free shipping but I did not enable fast and free.

I haven't figured this out yet.

I feel ya!

I am really sorry about the loss that your shipping issue has caused. :(

-Rebecca

• Like 2

Is the object on the small side?  If so, it might fit into a priority mail fixed rate box.

I love those.

Basically you fill them as full as you want, and they cost a specific amount to ship regardless of the weight.

They are fantastic for college care packages.

one is and I think it will be okay in one of those boxes.  That means I'll only chew about $8-10.   The other is big.  I'm mailing it off today, so I'll see if it will fit in one of the larger boxes.  

• Like 1

I am also selling on Ebay and a whole bunch of my items are listed as fast and free shipping and I have no idea how that is enabled. 

I do offer free shipping but I did not enable fast and free.

I haven't figured this out yet.

I feel ya!

I am really sorry about the loss that your shipping issue has caused. :(

-Rebecca

Oh dear.  What a pain.  

Is the object on the small side?  If so, it might fit into a priority mail fixed rate box.

I love those.

Basically you fill them as full as you want, and they cost a specific amount to ship regardless of the weight.

They are fantastic for college care packages.

they're even better when shipping internationally.  dd was in south america -I couldn't have affording sending her stuff without it.

• Like 1