Menu

need some fashion help

ProudGrandma

we are headed to DC the first week in May and I want to buy a light jacket or sweater to go with everything I own.  If you were to buy something like that...what color and style would you be looking for?

I am a petite, small frame gal...blues, teals and greens look better on me...so that is the bulk of my wardrobe coloring...I don't like black but like grey ok...

I will be bringing both blue jeans and a pair of khaki, cargo like pants.  

I mostly need help with finding a style that is functional and yet fashionable too.  

Oh, I am 50.  if that matters. And price needs to be as inexpensive as possible...we are on a tight budget.  

what would you recommend for me??

thanks.

Gosh I hardly ever have recommendations for these fashion threads, but I do this time!

The Columbia Switchback Jacket or the Switchback 2

http://www.columbia.com/womens-switchback-ii-jacket-RL2149.html

Folds up small, keeps you dry and looks absolutely great. I bought mine for $25 at a local store. And they last FOREVER!

ETA - and if you are tricky, it does thing where it packs up into its own pocket. I am not tricky so I generally stuff it into a Quart ziplock bag and toss it in my bag

Edited by AK_Mom4
  • Like 1

Gosh I hardly ever have recommendations for these fashion threads, but I do this time!

The Columbia Switchback Jacket or the Switchback 2

http://www.columbia.com/womens-switchback-ii-jacket-RL2149.html

Folds up small, keeps you dry and looks absolutely great. I bought mine for $25 at a local store. And they last FOREVER!

ETA - and if you are tricky, it does thing where it packs up into its own pocket. I am not tricky so I generally stuff it into a Quart ziplock bag and toss it in my bag

I like the look of this jacket...but not so much the colors...does it come in other colors?  

Or which color would you recommend? I dont' like white or black...pink or purple...orange looks horrible on me...and that blue...well, not my shade...

sorry for being so difficult...but I like the jacket....and the price...

I like the look of this jacket...but not so much the colors...does it come in other colors?

Or which color would you recommend? I dont' like white or black...pink or purple...orange looks horrible on me...and that blue...well, not my shade...

sorry for being so difficult...but I like the jacket....and the price...

26 colors on Amazon: Columbia Women's Switchback II Jacket, Black, Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008F4G3C2/

I have a black denim jacket that is perfect for this kind of thing.  It looks casual but not TOO casual.  And it's washable.

It's cut wideish, so I can wear over a slim tshirt but also over a bulky pullover sweater if it's cold out.

I've had it for years, but if I didn't have it, that's the style I'd look for, probably at Old Navy or the Gap.