Menu

Universities and colleges on a map?

Grantmom

Does anyone know if there is a website or a way to do a university or college search by map?  If you wanted to look and see what colleges are close to certain cities on a map?  I want to just look at a map that shows all the universities and colleges, so that if we are traveling, we can look and see what schools might be along the route or somewhere nearby.  I haven't had any luck yet.  Is there a way to do this on Google maps, like the way you can search for nearby hotels?

Thanks for any links or advice!

I can see that info on apple maps on my iPhone by just typing college. The universities would show up too. We do that often as my husband's business trip is to universities or near universities and we tag along.

My Garmin Nuvi GPS in the car can do that easily too. I just put in city name or choose along route, and then pick schools.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 1

wikipedia has a listing of colleges by state or at least for any state that I have ever searched. just search List of colleges and universities in (state name)

A search will work on google maps on a phone, however, something with a bigger screen may be easier to work with especially in an area with many schools. You will want to search college and university as some schools only come up with when the word in their school names is searched. Others come up either way. Some schools are named on the map and some just get a dot,that will display name if clicked.

• Like 1