Menu

Missing man alert in phone call

Night Elf

This morning at 5:42am, our phone rang. It was an automated message from our local sheriff's office about a 92 year old man who was missing. I have never gotten a phone call before about a missing person. I checked our sheriff's website and they don't have announcements like that. I looked at our local newspaper and don't see anything in it either. I sure hope he's found and I can't see a way to stay updated on the story.

• Like 1

This morning at 5:42am, our phone rang. It was an automated message from our local sheriff's office about a 92 year old man who was missing. I have never gotten a phone call before about a missing person. I checked our sheriff's website and they don't have announcements like that. I looked at our local newspaper and don't see anything in it either. I sure hope he's found and I can't see a way to stay updated on the story.

Was it called a Silver Alert? I have received one before.....I think I later saw on the news he had been found.

• Like 1

No, we've never signed up for alerts. We've never received any kind of alert from our county for anything. I don't know what kind of alert it was, they didn't say in the beginning of the message and DH hung up before the message ended. He was half asleep.

• Like 1

UPDATE: He was found shortly by a deputy sheriff after the alert had been sounded. He was a couple of miles away from home. I found out by googling his name and our county. It took me to the sheriff's facebook page. I never thought to check facebook.

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 2

We were at a volunteer training on Saturday and on the way home, both cars that were taking people home to our church stopped at a McD's for drinks and bathrooms.  All of a sudden almost all of our phones started vibrating.  Almost everybody received an Amber Alert for a baby missing a few hundred miles from us but in the same state.  I don't remember setting Amber Alerts on this phone but I think I did on the other phone. OTOH, I don't know that my dh ever did and he also got it.  The state might have an agreement with your cell phone provider.