Menu

Spiralizing veggies in place of pasta

QueenCat

We just bought the kitchen aid spiralizing attachment so we can make our own vegie noodles. We'd been buying them already made a the store but they only had squash and beet ones. We don't like the beet ones, found the squash too thick and wanted to try others. I'd love to hear if any of you have started doing this and to hear your favorite tips and recipes.

I do zucchini a lot. Will sauté with garlic and sometimes other veg and serve with pasta sauce. Sometimes I'll add chicken or reg meatballs. I do a carrot and beet salad. I also make spiralized apples saluted in butter and cinnamon over Greek yogurt, but honestly it's just as easy to Duce it, lol. There are tons of recipes online. I also found a good cookbook at the library called Inspiralized.

That's not a lot of help, lol. I'm interested in hearing what other people do too 😊

I do zucchini a lot. Will sauté with garlic and sometimes other veg and serve with pasta sauce. Sometimes I'll add chicken or reg meatballs. I do a carrot and beet salad. I also make spiralized apples saluted in butter and cinnamon over Greek yogurt, but honestly it's just as easy to Duce it, lol. There are tons of recipes online. I also found a good cookbook at the library called Inspiralized.

That's not a lot of help, lol. I'm interested in hearing what other people do too 😊

I just ordered a cookbook: Inspiralize Everything . Can't wait to get it. It's supposed to have a lot of tips in it too.

I like to spiralize zucchini to use in place of spaghetti with sauce over it.  At first I tried sauteing blanching it briefly, but I thought it was too mushy.  Then I tried sauteing it, but I still thought it was too mushy.  Then someone on facebook recommended just putting the sauce on it without cooking it at all, so I tried that.  I actually heated it up just a few seconds in the microwave, so it wasn't cold.  That was just right!  More like "al dente" pasta than anything else I have tried.  My spiralizer has a few different blades, and the smallest one makes the zucchini the perfect size--definitely not too thick.

I also like to spiralize sweet potatoes and roast them with some garlic, paprika, salt, and olive oil.  Delicious!  

My kids would spiralize and eat apples the entire day if I let them, lol. There's something about playing with your food, I guess!