Menu

PSA: How to save a life with the Heimlich maneuver

Lanny

By sheer coincidence, this Friday I'm taking my 12 year old boy to a class organized by the mother of one of his schoolmates at her home, where 12 of my son's cronies will learn CPR and the Heimlich, and elements of First-Aid. I've volunteered to provide "security."

I must admit I'm dealing with a sliver of PTSD left over from my need to perform the Heimlich (without training) on a great friend (and neighbor lady) who was turning blue at a 4th of July party I attended at her home. I've shared this story. In the odd chance one ever need to jump in an save a life, it is well woth being prepared.

It is a heavy experience either way, but infinitely better as a success than a failure.

Bill

• Like 4

Bumping because this is such an important reminder for all of us. :)

Thanks, Lanny!

You are welcome. This is an incredibly important thing for people to know how to do and is used frequently. Many years ago, a couple I knew (I bought an Old English Sheepdog from them), I don't remember the details, but he saved her life, with the Heimlich maneuver.

• Like 1