Menu

AP Physics C exam fee

I contacted the local high school about paying for the exam fees for this year.  Last year, they made things very easy and were very accommodating, so I know we are very lucky on that front, after reading how others here have struggled with finding a location to test. They have been very helpful again this year, but they are charging double for the AP Physics C exam, since it is two parts.  I was just curious if that was correct.  I mean, I know it is two separate exams, but really each is just half of a regular exam, right?

Just curious what others' experiences were with that exam.

. They have been very helpful again this year, but they are charging double for the AP Physics C exam, since it is two parts.

CollegeBoard treats it as two separate exams so the collegeboard does charge the school full price per AP Physics C exam of $84 per exam. There are local students who take one but not the other as both can be full year courses.

Link is CollegeBoard fees breakdown. http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/ap_coordinators/exam_ordering_fees/exam_fees_reductions/index.html

Same goes for the AP Microeconomics and AP Macroeconomics exams. It is an exam fee each because that is how CollegeBoard charge.

• Like 2

I had the same thought, yvonne. 

Yes, we are paying for the proctor, too.  I was surprised that our local high school doesn't offer the course, because they are pretty big on math and science.  But, I would rather pay the proctor fee than drive a few hours to the metro area.  I do feel very lucky that the local school has been so accommodating, as I know others here have struggled with that.

I am pretty sure we will have to pay proctor fees next year for this test. Anyone comfortable giving me a ballpark of what that might cost?

Thanks!

Kristen

I've been quoted several proctor fees this year in my search for AP tests. Anywhere from a flat fee of $50-$75/test or $15-$25/hour.