Menu

Fun things to add into a 4th grade school day?

mamakelly

You might mine the relaxed math thread (it's pinned on the General Ed Board) for ideas. It's full of math games and supplements - most of them are best for upper elementary. I think that was the year we did Time Travel Math, which we really enjoyed. Alien Math, also from Prufrock, is also cool.

I find just having a bin of games and a set game time maybe once a week is good (though we have not been good about this lately... sigh) and around 4th grade was when my kids started to be able to play a lot of the more fun things. Some of the things we have in our educational games bin includes Timeline, Cardline, Bananagrams, Muggins, 24, Concept, Bring Your Own Book... 

My 4th grader likes Hands On Equations (the physical one, not the app), Detective Club logic books, Balance Benders, board game day (we do this every other week), and science games I download off of Ellen McHenry's page. She's just starting One Hour Mysteries. We do these every T/Th when we have to take school on the road.