Menu

Clarks of Boston Shoes

DawnM

I have worn Clarks for years and years.  I have always loved them.

But recently, they aren't as comfortable to walk around in, and they fall apart far more quickly.

I bought a pair in August and the seam is already coming apart.

I hate it when companies start making inferior quality from what I knew and loved.

Just a Friday VENT.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1

Just wondering out loud here... Clarks is an old British brand. When we were kids we were only allowed Clarks lest our feet be ruined. I've never heard them referred to as Clarks of BOSTON. Could this be a licensing arrangement where a different company is using the Clarks name? It would explain the decline in quality.

• Like 1

I've worn the same style of Clark's sandals for 18 years, because I have narrow, hard to fit feet. I would replace them with a new pair every so often. Last summer I found negative reviews on Amazon when I wanted to place an order, which said that the materials, quality, and fit had changed. I took a chance and ordered anyway but had to send them back. They didn't fit me any more, and the material seemed cheaper.

I found it extremely disappointing. I tried several other sandals and found some that I could wear, but I don't like them as well, and I think they will not hold up as long.

Very sad!

• Like 2

Just wondering out loud here... Clarks is an old British brand. When we were kids we were only allowed Clarks lest our feet be ruined. I've never heard them referred to as Clarks of BOSTON. Could this be a licensing arrangement where a different company is using the Clarks name? It would explain the decline in quality.

They have been referred to as Clarks of Boston since I started wearing them in 1997.  I know exactly when I started wearing them because it was when I was pregnant with my first child and couldn't bend down to tie my shoes anymore.  Clarks Mules were perfect!  And then I kept wearing them!

I've noticed the same thing. Clark's have been my go-to shoes for the days when I'm on my feet all day. Started buying them in the late 90s.  

In the last 18 months or so, it's noticeable that they are not the same quality. The ones I've purchased have not lived up to the Clark's reputation. Not comfortable, not long lasting material.

Never heard of them called Clark's of Boston.

By any name, they are losing me as a client. Too bad, since I've been such a good one over the years.

• Like 2