Menu

What's a good price for Reading Eggspress?

Btw, isn't it ironic how what the kids like always has to be the exact opposite of what I like? Sigh. I don't like all the bells and whistles, I don't like how they measure progress, I don't like how if they get a question wrong there's no explanation, etc, but they like it because they get trading cards (which I refuse to print out) when they finish a book. In other words, I don't particularly want to give Reading Eggspress money, but I decided that maybe it doesn't always have to be about what I want... so, I'm *considering* it... but if I decide to get it, for the least money possible.

ETA: hm, maybe I should just buy a big pack of Pokemon cards and give the kids one each time they get a good score on some reading from Newsela or something.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

30% is pretty good. Around Christmas 2 years ago we got a half off for the year offer. We didn't get that offer again this year though.

My daughter liked it pretty well but I didn't like that you can't advance levels without working through them. She took a few weeks off playing it and when she came back she had made huge progress in her reading. She was stuck on the CVC levels. It didn't bother her, but it annoyed me.

• Like 1

30% is pretty good. Around Christmas 2 years ago we got a half off for the year offer. We didn't get that offer again this year though.

My daughter liked it pretty well but I didn't like that you can't advance levels without working through them. She took a few weeks off playing it and when she came back she had made huge progress in her reading. She was stuck on the CVC levels. It didn't bother her, but it annoyed me.

The parent can set the starting level at any level, and adjust it whenever they feel like it. Or, at least, now they can. I don't know if they could 2 years ago.

• Like 1

I'd go for 30% off.   Think of the Eggspress of an online library with bells and whistles.  She'll be reading books!  Also, it is one trading card per book/quiz.   Rereading gets more eggs, but not a trading card.    
Yeah, don't print anything.   I like it for hair-combing time.  It gives her something to focus on that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out.  

• Like 1

Btw, isn't it ironic how what the kids like always has to be the exact opposite of what I like? Sigh. I don't like all the bells and whistles, I don't like how they measure progress, I don't like how if they get a question wrong there's no explanation, etc, but they like it because they get trading cards (which I refuse to print out) when they finish a book. In other words, I don't particularly want to give Reading Eggspress money, but I decided that maybe it doesn't always have to be about what I want... so, I'm *considering* it... but if I decide to get it, for the least money possible.

ETA: hm, maybe I should just buy a big pack of Pokemon cards and give the kids one each time they get a good score on some reading from Newsela or something.

This made me laugh, especially the part about refusing to print out the trading cards. I couldn't agree more, but yeah, I did let the kids do the Reading Eggs trifecta for awhile because they loved it (but banned them from doing any playing around with their avatars or "shopping").

I think 30% off is good. If I remember correctly 40% off was the most I've ever been offered, and that's only when they were trying to get me to renew.

• Like 2