Menu

Should I sell our Math-U-See blocks

Janeway

I have a lot of math manipulatives that I have been getting rid of.

Some of what I have left are... Base 10 blocks and Math U See blocks. Well, I guess Base 10 blocks are not that popular anymore. I put out an ad to sell them locally and no one wants them. I know I will not use MUS again, but liked the blocks because they are colorful. But to be honest, when I explain concepts, I never use anything but the ones and tens and hundreds of the MUS blocks. 

My only reason for wanting to sell something is my desire to reduce the stuff in my home. Our house is almost 4000 square feet and I feel like we have managed to collect so much stuff since moving here. I have both the starter set and completer. Would you just sell the MUS blocks? And if so, how much would you price them for?

I have both and have decided that they don't take up enough room to worry about getting rid of them. I do find myself using the base 10 more. I am a declutterer by nature and a Konmari advocate so I'm all for simplifying. BUT, we're nowhere near the end of our math "journey" so I'm holding onto them in case they're needed someday. There are so many other things that I could clear out and never miss. The blocks won't be cheap to replace if you find you do want them down the road. Find something else to toss. Just my opinion, but we've got math issues here.   :scared:

I gave mine to a school that is now defunct.  I wish I had kept them because a family I know could really use them.  They are small storage, and ... I dunno.  I respect your wish to get rid of stuff...I wish I had done a better job of that all along.  But that MUS manipulates complete set is ... gemlike to me.  :0)

I never see the MUS blocks on Amazon, but there are often sets on Ebay, but they seem to go quick. I was lucky in that I found a set at our local Goodwill for 4.99, but that's a Super Deal and I had been skulking on Ebay before I found them at Goodwill.

I've seen sets of MUS blocks on Ebay that range from $40-75 dollars. You will probably have more luck if you sell the MUS and Base-10 blocks together, it'll make for a more attractive lot, I think.

Since you just want to get it out of the house, then I'd price it for shipping and call anything over that a bonus.

Edited by mom2bee