Menu

Where can I find a homeschool chat room for my high schooler?

8Arrows4theLord

Hi, I'm a homeschool mom looking for a Christian homeschool chat room for my high school daughter. She would like to get to know other homeschoolers since we don't have access to a co-op. So far, we haven't been successful in finding a site. I'm picky about what sites my daughter accesses, so it would need to be a site that is monitored and secured. She also doesn't want to join a group that turns out to be a 'help me with my homework' group. (Her words, not mine). She's looking for a group of homeschoolers who enjoy academics, and want to talk about what they're learning. A lot of criteria, I know, but does anyone have a high schooler who is on a chat room like this? Thanks!

I'm new to this site. It is nice to meet you too. Thanks Catwoman for the bump back up. :001_smile:

Would my daughter be allowed start a teen chat room somewhere on this site?  It would be a place to talk about books, homeschooling, college, and other intelligent conversations.

There are a lot of really great homeschoolers on this site!

Only the owner of this site can start forums on this site.  But anyone can start a social group.  Your dd would have to sign up for the  site.  (We've had teens here before).  Then she would need to start a social group.  She could then post a thread on the chat board or the high school board letting people know that it is there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is she taking any online classes? That's one of the ways my dd has made some online friends that homeschool. Most of them have chat functions and message boards and the kids all get to know each other and then some continue emailing after the class ends......but that's the best suggestion I have as far as monitored and homeschool specific.

The rest of the things I know of similar are interest specific rather than schooling specific and they're definitely NOT monitored for language or anything - they're teens being and talking like teens, so those are probably out.

No, she isn't taking any online classes. She is on Khan academy, and has met a few homeschoolers there. It's not so much the friend issue, as the wanting someone at her reading level to discuss books. :001_smile:

Does your library have any teen book clubs?  Could she start one?  Maybe even at your church if it is important to you that it be all Christian?