Menu

moisturizing primer serum??

HollyDay

I tried a sample of Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch today and really liked the results.  I never knew I "needed" a primer :)  I'm mostly pleased with how my skin feels, moist, smooth, comfortable.  It looks better and that is a bonus too.

This world of primers is very new and completely foreign to me.  Never new they existed!  So, any pointers, suggestions, brands to try, brands not to try, ingredients to avoid....ect...would be appreciated!

I believe I need something extra as well so glad to see your post. :-).  I'm 54 (cringe) and my skin is in terrible shape.  This menopause gig is for the birds. :-/  

I've heard that Make Up Forever's primers (I think they're called Step 1) are really good and they have 10 different ones to cover just about any skin situation.  I'm thinking of getting one of those.  Kind of expensive but you use very little so should last awhile.  Sephora has a video on Youtube called "Priming and Setting Tricks" and it has lots of good information so you might want to check that out too.  

Hope that helps!

I believe I need something extra as well so glad to see your post. :-).  I'm 54 (cringe) and my skin is in terrible shape.  This menopause gig is for the birds. :-/  

I've heard that Make Up Forever's primers (I think they're called Step 1) are really good and they have 10 different ones to cover just about any skin situation.  I'm thinking of getting one of those.  Kind of expensive but you use very little so should last awhile.  Sephora has a video on Youtube called "Priming and Setting Tricks" and it has lots of good information so you might want to check that out too.  

Hope that helps!

You make me laugh :)  I'm 54 too (cringe as well)..  And menopause is not at all for the faint of heart!

Edited by HollyDay
  • Like 2

I highly recommend a book called Toss the Gloss! It's for women over 50, but it would benefit anyone over 35. The author is a former magazine editor and explains how the magazines are really in cahoots w/ the cosmetic companies.

Plus she gives actual colors and brands to buy -- not 20,000, like five. I found it very helpful.

Alley

• Like 2

Primers break me out unfortunately, but I love a good moisturizing serum. Hydrextreme is my current holy grail for my really combination, sensitive, and acne prone skin.

https://www.google.com/amp/beautyeditor.ca/.amp/2015/03/23/best-natural-hydrating-serum?client=safari

AM, where do you buy this? The links for Consonant and Hydrextreme go to Sephora, but when I search for it, nothing show up. I can Google it but wonder where you get yours. 

ETA:

And how long does a bottle last you? Does a little go a long way?

Edited by Angie in VA