Menu

prodigy group buy renewal

cintinative

So I participated in a Prodigy group buy last February (good for a year) through a homeschool buyer co-op type site and I emailed the coordinator and she said they are not doing a renewal. I asked about a new group buy and she said she thinks if I did find that we would lose the progress made through the current membership.  Can anyone speak to this?  Is there no way to renew a group buy?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by cintinative

A new group buy shouldn't cause you to lose progress. You would get new memberships credited to your parent account which could then be applied to any child's account you manage.

You probably want to wait until the old membership is expired as I do not believe memberships can be stacked on to one another.

Edited by maize
  • Like 1

A new group buy shouldn't cause you to lose progress. You would get new memberships credited to your parent account which could then be applied to any child's account you manage.

You probably want to wait until the old membership is expired as I do not believe memberships can be racked on to one another.

The person that coordinated the last group buy said that Prodigy was "cracking down" on the group buys. Do you know what that might mean?

The person that coordinated the last group buy said that Prodigy was "cracking down" on the group buys. Do you know what that might mean?

No. I was part of another group buy this past November and didn't hear anything about that. They may want some kind of assurance that people participating in homeschool group buys are actual homeschoolers?

• Like 1

You probably want to wait until the old membership is expired as I do not believe memberships can be racked on to one another.

I read a site that said that Prodigy very recently changed its procedure for group buys.  According to that site, now renewals are not credited to the accounts to be used as necessary, but rather everyone participating in the group buy has to start using their year at the time the group buy ends.

I don't know how accurate that information it, but it has made it much harder to find anyone organizing a group buy.

In case anyone is interested, I have two kids whose memberships recently expired that I would like to renew via a group buy.  If we could get together 30 people (accounts), then we could run our own group buy.  Even if some people's accounts don't expire for another month or two, it might be worth it to renew now, because through the group buy a year's membership is only $12, but if you find yourself buying individually a year costs $60.

Wendy

• Like 1

I read a site that said that Prodigy very recently changed its procedure for group buys.  According to that site, now renewals are not credited to the accounts to be used as necessary, but rather everyone participating in the group buy has to start using their year at the time the group buy ends.

I don't know how accurate that information it, but it has made it much harder to find anyone organizing a group buy.

In case anyone is interested, I have two kids whose memberships recently expired that I would like to renew via a group buy.  If we could get together 30 people (accounts), then we could run our own group buy.  Even if some people's accounts don't expire for another month or two, it might be worth it to renew now, because through the group buy a year's membership is only $12, but if you find yourself buying individually a year costs $60.

Wendy

I'll have to check when ours expire.  

And no, they totally don't stack.  The day the membership is credited to the parent account is the day the year membership starts, even if you don't apply it to a player's account or there is still time left on a membership already paid. Or at least, that was our experience.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...