Menu

A History of US Audio Narrated by a Man?

MasaMama

Hello,

DS enjoys listening to SOTW. So, we listnend to a sample of A History of US audio, but he says he doesn't like it. He prefers male voice. Does anybody know if there is another version of A History of US, narrated by a male? 

Edited by MasaMama

Not exactly what you are looking for, but the Great Courses US History course (Audible) is all male and not too high level for a middle schooler, I'd say. (I can't remember any content that would be 'adult', but it is possible I missed some. You'd want to listen together or preview.) 

There's a deal on audible credits (3 months @ 1.95/month) - can't remember where it is right now, but if you are interested, I can search & post a link.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the suggestions! 

Not exactly what you are looking for, but the Great Courses US History course (Audible) is all male and not too high level for a middle schooler, I'd say. (I can't remember any content that would be 'adult', but it is possible I missed some. You'd want to listen together or preview.) 

There's a deal on audible credits (3 months @ 1.95/month) - can't remember where it is right now, but if you are interested, I can search & post a link.

Thank you! (I apologize for the late response...). We just listened to the sample and DS likes it! Fortunately, our library has the CDs so we will give it a try. 

• Like 1