Menu

Now what?

Jenny in Florida

Just for background: I had surgery (thyroidectemy) five days ago. Things were a little rougher than I had hoped initially; I was supposed to be released the same day, but ended up staying overnight, in part because I had a hard time waking up from the anesthesia. It doesn't help that I have hard-to-find veins and so came home with multiple pokes and bruises up and down both arms and hands. All in all, I dragged home the next day feeling worse than I had anticipated. Since then, I've felt generally lousy, periodically running a low-grade fever and having a lot of itching around the incision. I'm also more than a little stir crazy, since I am still not allowed to drive for another few days.

However, with all of that said, I am finally beginning to feel more like myself today. I did my usual morning pet chores, took a short walk with the dog, did some cleaning in the kitchen, cleared my office of the debris left by yesterday's all-day crafting-and-bad-Netflix-holiday-movies binge, figured out how to get one of the outdoor Christias decorations to light up again and did a couple of loads of laundry.

But now it's not even 2:00 p.m., and I'm kind of stumped for what to do next.

After my mini-binge of activity so far today, I'm actually feeling a bit tired and woozy and headachy. So, anything that requires standing up or being active probably isn't a great idea at the moment.

I have three un-read books on my coffee table, but none of them appeal to me at the moment.

I have supplies for a few more craft projects I hope to finish as Christmas gifts, but I'm not feeling inspired by any of them.

I'm contemplating just taking a nap?