Menu

The Teachers Lounge 11-29-2016

scrapbookbuzz

Welcome to the Teachers Lounge and Happy Tuesday!

I'm contemplating for December only to rename the Lounge "The Teachers Fireside Lounge" or 

just "The Fireside Lounge." Or something to that effect. Any suggestions?

So, who's tired of the Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday/Giving Tuesday business already? Here: Ugh. I'm so over it already!

Anyone fighting off the ickies/cooties (flu, colds, sinus, etc)? Here: one of the tests they ran at the ER last week after my accident showed I have elevated strep in my 

system. While I'm not showing any outward signs of infection...yet...doc has sent me an antibiotic to nip it in the bud. For that I am thankful! Saw my dd go through strep TWICE

a few years back. Don't want it, don't need it.

Does anyone else feel like they could use a real life Personal Assistant some days? Most days? Here: right now, most definitely! I need someone who can see what needs to be done and

get it done. Especially with lesson plans right now. I had all these grand plans I was going to accomplish last week. I got exactly ONE of them done, before I was rear-ended. You know,

when I started praying for God to help me slow down and have a simpler life, this is not quite what I meant!  :tongue_smilie:  :cool:

What's going on in your world today?

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding grinchy, I'm over it all.  Especially since the days themselves seem fluid - Black Friday became Blursday (Black Thursday aka hurry-up-and-eat-so-we-can-go-shop), Cyber Tuesday emails are taking over my inbox...bah humbug.  There.  I said it.  And I'm feeling particularly grinchy after doing my morning Twitter check and seeing anti-American pot stirring.

Sorry you're sick, Scrap!  This time of year is no picnic here, either.  We're playing Pass The Virus and it's currently a game of ping-pong between the 6yo and I.  Kicking it for good would be outstanding.

Personal Assistant... :lol:  Dh wanted me to call when I do coffee tomorrow, then was shocked when I told him what time that would be.  Uh, hon?  I have a 6yo that gets up at the crack of dawn (well, before, now that we have Daylight Savings Time!), and a teen that wants to stay up till the crack of dawn, not to mention things to do all day, so O'dark thirty is my quiet time.  I don't mind him joining in, but he doesn't get to act shocked when the whole single parenting thing takes over my life. 

• Like 1

HomeAgain, sorry you're playing virus pingpong with your 6yo. Dear Jesus, please put Your Healing Hand on them, take the virus away, and give them REST. In Your Name I ask this. Thank You and AMEN. Love, Tricia

Yeah, I don't think the husbands ( and probably a wife or two, occasionally) 'get' it. My husband, when in his previous job, would often call me asking me to do things. Or tell me before he left in the morning or the evening before, "Can you please 

do this, this, and this?" Sure. On Saturday. Maybe.

I have yet to do it but I've been contemplating for over a year to have my dh sit down one day and write out a list of everything he expects me to accomplish in a day. I think it will be a real eye opener for him. Hopefully.

Welcome to the Teachers Lounge and Happy Tuesday!

I'm contemplating for December only to rename the Lounge "The Teachers Fireside Lounge" or 

just "The Fireside Lounge." Or something to that effect. Any suggestions?

So, who's tired of the Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday/Giving Tuesday business already? Here: Ugh. I'm so over it already!

Anyone fighting off the ickies/cooties (flu, colds, sinus, etc)? Here: one of the tests they ran at the ER last week after my accident showed I have elevated strep in my 

system. While I'm not showing any outward signs of infection...yet...doc has sent me an antibiotic to nip it in the bud. For that I am thankful! Saw my dd go through strep TWICE

a few years back. Don't want it, don't need it.

Does anyone else feel like they could use a real life Personal Assistant some days? Most days? Here: right now, most definitely! I need someone who can see what needs to be done and

get it done. Especially with lesson plans right now. I had all these grand plans I was going to accomplish last week. I got exactly ONE of them done, before I was rear-ended. You know,

when I started praying for God to help me slow down and have a simpler life, this is not quite what I meant!  :tongue_smilie:  :cool:

What's going on in your world today?

Talk to me! :bigear:

I have a phone date with a friend today.... Have to think of a way to entertain the shorties while that happens so that all isn't crazy and chaotic.

DD & I are working on her oral Spanish skills & today is DS work day, so no ACT prep today.  Meh.

Tonight is the first Mock meeting of the year - bring on another season!  Excited about that, excited that DD might make one of the teams.  DS is trying not to show any anxiety about making Team 2 or Team 1, but I know it's there. 

A personal assistant, unless she made incredibly coffee, would probably annoy me.  :P  Tomorrow is my last day of work cleaning and then I have six hours a week back to myself.  Is it okay to admit it?  I mean, I hate leaving my cozy house to DO it, but once I'm there? It's mindless cleaning while I listen to hours of audiobooks or podcasts. I  just know I won't set aside  that time for myself now.  It makes me a little sad honestly.  How weird is that?

Found out two of the little/middle girls (8 &10) got bumped up on the waiting list and WILL be doing the play.  No speaking roles or anything like that, just an opportunity to be up on stage in front of people.  :) So fun!  So that was a sparkly part of my week.  

Meh.  Today is Tuesday.  I feel like crafting - but I'll do school instead.  Yeah me.

Quiet day in the Lounge!

We spent this afternoon at a friend's house. Well, I dropped the kids off at a friend's house, took their mom to pick up her car, then

went to get an estimate on mine (from the accident). Then I went back and visited with the mom for a bit. After we came home, I made

a quick run out to Subway for dinner. In about 10 minutes, dd and I are off to a meeting. Then later tonight dh is taking dc to taekwondo. Whew!

Somewhere in the midst of all this, I'll get the kids back to their studies!