Menu

Please name the most thorough World Geography program you have seen.

Melissa B

I am looking for a thorough World Geography program for next year. We can work through it for two years so we have the time. I want something current and complete (upper logic stage -7th or 8th grade) as I do not plan to hit geography again - except as an aside in history.

Thanks!

BJU has 9th grade geography. If I use this next year I would probably go through CC unit studies volume 2, For God So Loved the World again with it.

Sonlight core 5 is also geography but only Eastern Hemisphere, it would be plenty of work for a 7th or 8th grader.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I also see Runkle's Geography. Anyone use this?

Today I found Our Los Banos. http://www.ourlosbanos.com/homeschool/history/worldstudies.html

I like the look of this. It is an older children's supplement to WP's Children Around the World program. I could use the Winter Promise program with the younger children, leaving out the missionary parts, and the Our Los Banos supplement to strengthen the program and allow me to spread it out over two years for my oldest dd. Our Los Banos uses the geography text - Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development. But I would think any geography text (divided by regions) that I like, would work.

Has anyone used the Our Los Banos geography supplement?

I am going to be using the high school plan with my two boys next year. I have been busy checking on all the books and I am finding that the bulk are available at my library.

I also really like the content and the flow of this program.

Just my input on this one.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom