Menu

Ladies, you've inspired me. I went shopping for clothes today.

There was a thread recently about dressing nicely. My wardrobe makes me feel frumpy, so I decided I needed to change. I did have to shop at Wal-Mart because of money issues, but I found a pair of jeans that look good, two shirts that are NOT made of knit, and a pair of black ankle boots. It's not much, but it's a start.

I want to find more shirts, some khaki pants, a couple of cute everyday skirts, and a couple of casual jackets. A pair of brown ankle boots would be great, too. I have a plan!

YAHOOO!!!!!!

I'm impressed.

I really need to overhaul at least my top wardrobe. I kid you not hte t-shirt i have on today (eddie bauer), i've had since before i had kids. Darn thing is like new too :glare:

And i'm going to need another pair of jeans i think....

Maybe i'll get inspired!! (and then after i go shopping i'll be inspired to diet!)

There was a thread recently about dressing nicely. My wardrobe makes me feel frumpy, so I decided I needed to change. I did have to shop at Wal-Mart because of money issues, but I found a pair of jeans that look good, two shirts that are NOT made of knit, and a pair of black ankle boots. It's not much, but it's a start.

I want to find more shirts, some khaki pants, a couple of cute everyday skirts, and a couple of casual jackets. A pair of brown ankle boots would be great, too. I have a plan!

I didn't see the other thread. Several years ago I changed how I dress. I had just had a surgical procedure at the hospital, and came home from the hospital wearing sweats and tennis shoes. The next day I went to a Christmas party dressed like that (my excuse is that I was still on prescription meds). But sitting there in my sweats and tennis shoes, seeing everyone else dressed up (not formal by any means, but the standard business casual/Christmas sweater-type outfits) made me feel really frumpy.

I immediately stopped wearing sweatshirts and sweatpants (well, I waited until I got home for that). I no longer wear the standard T-shirt (you know, the kind you can get with or without screen printing). My short sleeve shirts are all of the non-T-shirt-y material. They have different sorts of necklines and sleeve lengths, and generally have a feminine fit and cut rather than the unisex fit of a T-shirt. They never have writing or pictures on them.

Edited by gardening momma

My short sleeve shirts are all of the non-T-shirt-y material. They have different sorts of necklines and sleeve lengths, and generally have a feminine fit and cut rather than the unisex fit of a T-shirt. They never have writing or pictures on them.

If I could only convince my MIL to stop buying me t-shirts. She goes on vacations and brings back several t-shirts for me. Thoughtful, but I don't really want to wear t-shirts that say "Aloha" or "Siegfried and Roy in Las Vegas" or ... The sad thing is, I do wear them, because they're there. I think it's time to ditch them all.

I really need to overhaul at least my top wardrobe. I kid you not hte t-shirt i have on today (eddie bauer), i've had since before i had kids. Darn thing is like new too :glare:

Maybe i'll get inspired!! (and then after i go shopping i'll be inspired to diet!)

Well, it does sound like Eddau Bauer is a good brand. :)

Let's not talk about the diet. That's another reason I don't want to buy expensive clothes. :tongue_smilie:

I have recently started checking out a few places that I never thought would have good deals. I have gotten really nice knit shirts at Ann Taylor for around 15!! I also have gotten really good deals on dressier knit shirts at Coldwater Creek outlet online. I was surprised to find such good prices at places that are usually kind of high priced. It's fun to find good deals for things that make you feel good while wearing them. Yah for you!

I have recently started checking out a few places that I never thought would have good deals. I have gotten really nice knit shirts at Ann Taylor for around 15!! I also have gotten really good deals on dressier knit shirts at Coldwater Creek outlet online. I was surprised to find such good prices at places that are usually kind of high priced. It's fun to find good deals for things that make you feel good while wearing them. Yah for you!

That's one on my problems. Bargain shopping drives me nuts. I want to find something I like and buy it, not check the sale racks.

I will probably look at some nicer stores eventually, but I wanted some new clothes today. :lol:

If I could only convince my MIL to stop buying me t-shirts. She goes on vacations and brings back several t-shirts for me. Thoughtful, but I don't really want to wear t-shirts that say "Aloha" or "Siegfried and Roy in Las Vegas" or ... The sad thing is, I do wear them, because they're there. I think it's time to ditch them all.

Several months ago my mom and I had a discussion about not wearing t-shirts or sweatshirts anymore. It's something that hadn't really occurred to her before, but she decided to start changing her wardrobe. I think she was like you, she wore them because they were there.

That's one on my problems. Bargain shopping drives me nuts. I want to find something I like and buy it, not check the sale racks.

I will probably look at some nicer stores eventually, but I wanted some new clothes today. :lol:

I understand. I hate shopping. I just try to check them out casually here and there. But when I need something now, then I have to just go and get it.