Menu

Online classes AARG!

Just got to give an AAARRGG! out there.  I signed up my 6th grader for an online writing class.  Let's just some children are better than others at being independent and able to work under different situations.  Mr. "sudo" first born was happy to be given assignments from someone else and took the bull by the horns so to speak.  My 12 year old will be like pulling teeth for a while until he gets the hang of it.  It is NOT saving me time now, but I know the payout with this one will be later.  He is my path of least resistance guy and getting him to walk the uphill/ hard path is not fun.  He wondered why I put him in this class because, "I know how to write already".  The plan for all our kids is to transition them to all or most of their high school classes be online or with outside teachers in a co-op or similar.  So, Mr. 6th grader is starting with one class.  He will own it eventually, but it is sure painful getting him to that point!  I just keep telling myself it will be good later and I'll thank myself some day for putting in the hard work now.  Thankfully, I have the perspective of what will be/ could be eventually with his older brother so I won't just give up.  

• Like 1

I'm apparently still #1 as I end up very involved in most online classes even for my veteran. I'm grateful for them as they keep my procrastinator on schedule and will hopefully mean she has all her classes done by June.

I have the second kid starting with just one this year and there have definitely already been hiccups and a steep learning curve. She has asked to never do an online class ever again, so who knows if this will really pay off with #2.

• Like 1

I'm apparently still #1 as I end up very involved in most online classes even for my veteran. I'm grateful for them as they keep my procrastinator on schedule and will hopefully mean she has all her classes done by June.

I have the second kid starting with just one this year and there have definitely already been hiccups and a steep learning curve. She has asked to never do an online class ever again, so who knows if this will really pay off with #2.

Well, that class your second kid just started is confusing even for me, and I'm a 4th year veteran.

Well, that class your second kid just started is confusing even for me, and I'm a 4th year veteran.

ROTFL. At least the teacher isn't disorganized. So far, I have been able to help, but I have to watch the recording to make sure I'm on the same page. So, it is a time suck.