Menu

American girl doll clothing options

I am looking for a matching nightgown set in cotton, so the poly. version on the website won't do. Also, would like to be budget conscience enought to get a nice product.

Anyone know of even a home business that sells matching girl/doll sets of clothes for am girl dolls?

Also, do 18" doll clothes fit am girl dolls?

Thanks!

Also, do 18" doll clothes fit am girl dolls?

Thanks!

Some do, some don't. We buy the Our Generation stuff at Target, and the stuff at Michael's (no clue on a brand name), and they're pretty close. The shoes tend to not fit -- AG dolls have wider feet. Also, we had a problem with pajamas with fitted sleeves -- the AG hands were too wide (hands are held open)-- I split the cuff seam and sewed up the raw edges, and now it's fine.

My favorite patterns are those by Joan Hinds -- I've gotten one off of Amazon.com, one from her website, and used to check them out of the library. Great variety, and decent knit patterns, too. I'm using her patterns to make Irish Dance dresses for our dolls that will match dds Irish Dance dresses.

As for purchasing a matching nightgown set, I'd think any seamstress could do this. It isn't that complex. Do you know anyone who sews?

Vision Forum sells beautiful outfits as well as a pattern to make your own doll clothes.

My experience has been that the Vision Forum doll clothes are not as well-made as the AG clothes. They're certainly useable, and if you get a great price, they're okay. But they're a disappointment if you expect them to be of the same quality as AG.