Menu

tell me how I'm going to pull off science

All of it of course.

:lol:

We are going to start off with the Hewitt Conceptual Integrated Science book.

Does he prefer intergrated? Mine does prefer doing all three per year so we have been doing that every year.

Get your younger son to be lab assistant to your older :)

Are you using lab kits? The labpaq kits I bought for bio and chem has been working out for us. I have enough physics lab equipment so I didn't get the physics one.

It would be fun, messy, and he might find new areas he like in science.

• Like 1

Does he prefer intergrated? Mine does prefer doing all three per year so we have been doing that every year.

Get your younger son to be lab assistant to your older :)

Are you using lab kits? The labpaq kits I bought for bio and chem has been working out for us. I have enough physics lab equipment so I didn't get the physics one.

It would be fun, messy, and he might find new areas he like in science.

Yeah we plan to basically do all three per year.

I have a kit for the microscope.  We have already done a zillion chem labs.  So far I haven't gotten anything else yet besides a book for physics labs that can be done at home. 

We have already done a zillion chem labs.. 

Same here but my kids don't mind more.  We also have enough materials and local resources to pull off a science elective in marine biology or astronomy. 

I just keep in mind that some colleges want two SAT subject tests for the majors in my oldest child's shortlist. So we will aim for minimum of a math and a science just to play safe.

Same here but my kids don't mind more.  We also have enough materials and local resources to pull off a science elective in marine biology or astronomy. 

I just keep in mind that some colleges want two SAT subject tests for the majors in my oldest child's shortlist. So we will aim for minimum of a math and a science just to play safe.

I mind more.  :lol:

I hate labs.  A lot.  DH does labs or they do them on their own. 

My kid plans to take the TASC at 16 and then matriculate at the CC.  This is in large part due to the horrifically annoying stupid homeschool regs in NY.  I am thinking about having him take a science course at the CC in Fall of 2017.  Right now he takes his math classes there. 

You can do science and you sound like you really have it covered already.

I just wanted to tell you (you probably already know) but when doing integrated science, make sure you list it that way on the transcript, not as general science. I have seen quite a few colleges that specify they won't take general science. The only difference I can think of is the name, but I thought I'd warn you to watch the name on your transcript.

Same way you start a journey of 1000 miles - one step at a time.  Not that I've homeschooled high school before (this will be my first year), but I approach it like any other monumental task - by breaking it down into its component parts. 

Edited by reefgazer

In this case you can buy the t shirt before you begin. Its a stick figure holding a flask and a calculator, with the words 'Stand back, I am going to try science'. Thinkgeek is out of stock, so you must have company.

Same way you start a journey of 1000 miles - one step at a time.  Not that I've homeschooled high school before (this will be my first year), but I approach it like any other monumental task - by breaking it down into its component parts. 

LOL, I was going to say like eating an elephant--one bite at a time :-)

• Like 1