Menu

Sugar works great as an exfoliating scrub!

I will never buy that generic apricot scrub again. Sugar works great! You can adjust the intensity of it my allowing a little to dissolve before scrubbing your face with it. It's also nice to know it all dissolves instead of leaving grit in your pipes.

I just lather up with my soap (right now homemade from a friend) and then dip my hand into a plastic container of sugar that I keep in the shower. Then I rub gently, avoiding my eye area.

we are all oily and flaky (skinned, that is).

Yes, my oily skin feels grimy if I do not use it every day, but I really like that I can alter the intensity of the scrub, if you know what I mean. I also like the fact that it's just one ingredient and it doesn't taste horrible if you taste it on your lip (hee hee).

I have used salt on my feet and legs but on my face I prefer a baking soda paste. Mix with water or a squirt of Cetaphil cleanser.

I personally think the sugar & salt & the commercial apricot etc scrubs are too harsh for the face; they have very sharp edges & on my face, I felt they were gouging the skin rather than exfoliating.