Menu

Where is the best place to buy an unlocked iPhone 5?

Jaz

The fun answer would be Huaqiangbei (åŽå¼ºåŒ—),  one of the world's largest electronics markets 10 miles outside of Hong Kong. :) The Guardian did a photo-tour of a small part of it recently.

The realistic answer is probably Ebay. Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller, to avoid counterfeits and stolen goods.

I buy our used phones on local FB swaps. That way I can see exactly who I am dealing with. I ALWAYS request that we meet at the carrier store to switch it over to be sure. If they are willing to do that, it is more than likely legit. I also ask for the IMEI and check it online.

I use Gazelle for used iPhones. I like knowing that it will work and is not stolen. Too many of my friends got burned buying poor condition phones on eBay or stolen phones on Craigslist.

https://www.gazelle.com

I prefer Gazelle over eBay or Amazon. Money back guarantee, accurate about what carrier phone will or will not work with, photos so you can see what condition descriptions mean. And the not stolen check too. Plus the website is beautifully organized.