Menu

ACORN's role in the Fannie and Freddie

It is scary. You don't have to look hard to find more and more disturbing information about ACORN and their fraudulent activities.

More articles about ACORN. Be sure to watch the news video in Michelle Malkin's link.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/rnc-obama--acorn-fact/story.aspx?guid=%7B29569FA1-136D-4B95-9D51-4EF9E87ED547%7D&dist=hppr

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080914/NEWS03/809140383

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/08/07/acorn-watch-voter-fraud-and-mortgage-scams-on-your-dime/

Edited by Jean too

Another interesting tidbit...

Obama was chair of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. The Annenberg Foundation sponsors www.factcheck.org who some people claim is non-partisan.

So Obama once chaired a committee for an initiative sponsored by a large foundation which sponsors multiple projects? This is unusual or inappropriate how?

I did not say it is unusual or inappropriate. The facts indicate that http://www.factcheck.org is not non-partisan.

Just the facts. :)

Indeed, the facts show that Annenburg had close ties with Nixon, Reagan, and Rupert Murdoch, and once used his newspaper to smear the Democratic candidate for governor of Pennsylvania and cause him to lose the election. The plot thickens! Factcheck is shilling for EVERYONE!

Obama must not be too concerned about this, being that one of his surrogates is one of "The Keating Five".

http://townhall.com/columnists/AmandaCarpenter/2008/10/06/keating_five_member_is_obama_surrogate

But Obama doesn’t seem to have any quarrel with [John] Glenn. The former Democratic Ohio senator introduced Bruce Springsteen at a benefit concert for Obama in Ohio on Sunday, October 5. He's also done other surrogate work for Obama as well. According to Obama's presidential website Glenn held a conference calls with reporters for Obama in August.

A day after Glenn urged people to register to vote for Obama in Ohio, Obama’s campaign began a multimedia campaign to remind the public McCain was one of the “Keating Five†although he was eventually cleared of all charges.

Not exactly high level stuff here. :rolleyes: It's not like he's got Glenn on his committee of financial advisers.

What about McCain's camp saying that McCain did nothing wrong, even though McCain himself claims he believed he'd made serious errors of judgment and that it was a formative experience for him.

every single person who looked into the Keeting 5 has concluded that neither John Glenn, nor John McCain did anything wrong.

That being said, John McCain has always been honest about his ties to Charles Keating..it was one of the whole reasons he introduced campaign finance reform.

That's my tidbit of info for the day...have a great one and don't end up hating each other people! :D

every single person who looked into the Keeting 5 has concluded that neither John Glenn, nor John McCain did anything wrong.
Does this include the Senate Ethics Committee?

Does anyone know the history of how Annenburg funds came into the hands of the likes of William Ayers and Barack Obama? Perhaps "into the hands of" is not exactly accurate, but you guys know what I mean. I am truly confused by this, but have been unable to find out how events turned in such a way. After the Reagan Administration, what happened? I really do not think that the original intent was to fund organizations like ACORN.

Well, the Senate Ethics Committee criticized both McCain and Glenn for having exercised "poor judgment" while not issuing any formal sanctions. That's not quite the same thing as saying they did nothing wrong. McCain himself has called his involvement "the worst mistake of my life."

Does anyone know the history of how Annenburg funds came into the hands of the likes of William Ayers and Barack Obama? Perhaps "into the hands of" is not exactly accurate, but you guys know what I mean. I am truly confused by this, but have been unable to find out how events turned in such a way. After the Reagan Administration, what happened? I really do not think that the original intent was to fund organizations like ACORN.

NPR has a story on the Ayers/Obama connections. You can listen to the audio on their site, but from the story:

Walter Annenberg, a lifelong Republican and former ambassador who was appointed by Presidents Nixon and Reagan, funded an ambitious program to reform urban education in many cities in the mid 1990s. Ayers was an important member of the group that developed and wrote the grant proposal to the Annenberg Foundation.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95442902

It discusses the project Ayers and Obama were involved with at some length, and includes some interesting quotes from prominent Republicans who were also involved.

Regardless of his background, it was never a problem for anyone — including Republicans and Chicago's most powerful business leaders — to work with Ayers on Chicago's public schools. In fact, Ayers is widely respected in the field of urban education.

"It was never a concern by any of us in the Chicago school reform movement that he had led a fugitive life years earlier," said former Illinois state Republican Rep. Diana Nelson, who worked with both Obama and Ayers over the years. "It's ridiculous. There is no reason at all to smear Barack Obama with this association. It's nonsensical, and it just makes me crazy. It's so silly."