Menu

Loophole seekers

I usually appreciate my kids. I do. They are quirky and imaginative. But they live to find loopholes. Did you know that on Mavis Beacon typing you can press down one key and get amazing words per minute with little accuracy? The adjusted rate is low, but a tired mom might think ok, just need to work on accuracy. But no, they haven't learned anything. There isn't a game or any other benefit to this, than knowing that you can game the system.

We can never play a board game the way it is designed. The Game of Life doesn't actually restrict the number of children, they assume that you will fill up your car not have 24. That is what they read anyway. But 24 gets so many added benefits in the game. That is only one example. The housework and grooming( for the boy) have many others.

They are wearing me out. I need something to engage their heads. Anybody know of a game for loophole seekers?

Edited by Silver Brook

Hee hee. I knew we were in for it when DS was five or six months old and newly crawling. He did not like to stay in the same room with me, and I kept turning him around or blocking him when he got near the doorway. So he grabbed a little toy and threw it out of the room, so that he would have a reason to leave the room to go after it.

It's been an adventure ever since.

I don't have a game to recommend, but I do have sympathy to offer!

• Like 2

Glad I have some company. I think I have three if these.

My oldest DD once got her co-op class an early pizza party. She observed that when the boys got loud, the teacher would try to calm things down by offering to put exta puff balls or something in the pizza party jar. When the jar was full , they would have a party. On regular days it was 1-2, on loud days it was 5-10. So my DD encouraged the boys to be as loud as they could a few times each week and to immediately stop when the teacher would offer the extra puff balls. The jar filled up in no time. I don't think the teacher ever caught on. I think they had three or four pizza parties that year. Its funny when it happens to someone else:).

Edited by Silver Brook