Menu

Pediatric dental ?

Beaniemom

Ds has a habit of losing teeth in intresting ways. This evening at dinner he let me know he had a loose tooth. I checked the teeth next to the 2 incisors he lost 2 months ago and had to go to the next tooth to find the loose one. Dh looked and the tooth came out. It looks like there is no root though. I am calling the dentist in the am but does the hive have any clue/advice?

There is something in his gum but no clue if it is the adult tooth or not. Ds has sensory issues and often fails to ackwoledge a tooth is loose until the adult tooth is presenting.

This sounds normal to me. The tooth was ready to come out and the root had been absorbed.

If you look at the chart here, the first molar often comes in before the canines; teeth tend to fall out in the order they came in, I am guessing this is his first molar that just came out.

http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/e/eruption-charts

Edited by maize

I'm not sure what the problem is?

My DS will still --at 13-- figure out a tooth is loose only if I ask him-- and then it will sometimes come out right then and there. As in, "Hmm, yeah, this one is wiggly...", holds out hand with tooth in it...

I think some kids are just more in tune/ interested than others?