Menu

Whole30 or similar while nursing?

medawyn

I usually pay no attention to baby weight this early (squish will be 4 weeks on Monday), but I'n MOH in a wedding in early August, and I want to do something to lose some of this weight.

Anyone here have experience going paleo/low carb while nursing? As much as I want to look my best, I'm not willing to jeopardize my supply even for a dear friend's wedding photos!

The Whole30 forum has a section devoted to pregnant/nursing moms. They put a lot of emphasis on eating enough, especially fats, and staying hydrated. So I think you could do a Whole30 relatively easily without jeopardizing your supply, though no guarantee that it would actually cause you to lose weight.

I usually pay no attention to baby weight this early (squish will be 4 weeks on Monday), but I'n MOH in a wedding in early August, and I want to do something to lose some of this weight.

Anyone here have experience going paleo/low carb while nursing? As much as I want to look my best, I'm not willing to jeopardize my supply even for a dear friend's wedding photos!

I did whole30 for most of my nearly 3 years of nursing my last one. It was the main reason I choose W30 over so many other diets. It's healthy enough that you can do it long term without it hurting you or baby, you get the fats and calories to keep supply. I ate anytime I was hungry as long as it was compliant - bfing makes me feel like I'm always starving so freaking over portions, calorie counting, or not being able to eat when hungry was never going to work. The key was to keep lots of compliant foods at hand and make extra so I could reheat compliant meal items for snacks or mini-meals.